Rosters Heading into UFA (related to cap)

Put in your two cents on how the DHL can be improved
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Rosters Heading into UFA (related to cap)

Post by RichBasterd »

One thing I think most of us struggle with is knowing what we really have in terms of cap space when it comes to UFA. The challenge is usually that the cap space that shows on the roster/finance page isnt correct since it shows the old UFA cap hits. So was hoping we could do one of 2 things to help with that calculation:

1. After re-rates, all UFAs get put on the farm team
and/or
2. After re-rates, all UFAs are given a salary of $0.00

Either option should help so we know what we have going into UFA. The #1 option would also would be nice because it would let you do things with OGME but I know the challenge with OGME is you need a full complement of roster players (including 2 goalies) which may not always happen heading into UFA. Plus I'm not sure how the roster update happens and whether it really knows where a player should go between pro/farm.

I'm thinking it should make it easiest to do the zero dollar salary because that can be done during re-rates before they get uploaded. That way it never matters whether a UFA is on the pro or farm team. Also it helps because if a team trades a UFA's rights, it doesnt affect their cap calculation either. Any chance that #2 could happen in future seasons?
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Re: Rosters Heading into UFA (related to cap)

Post by John - Sharks »

Sure, I can do that if it helps. For me, I look at the Salary Commitment section as that excludes anyone with 0 on their contract.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Re: Rosters Heading into UFA (related to cap)

Post by anthgrt-la »

John - Sharks wrote:Sure, I can do that if it helps. For me, I look at the Salary Commitment section as that excludes anyone with 0 on their contract.
What I tend to do or know many have excel sheets MUCH fancier than my super simple one I have. Gladly send that to anyone interested though to be able to plug in numbers and see the corresponding results.