My Retirement

Important league information and announcements
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

My Retirement

Post by John - Sharks »

Hi all,

I've been deliberating what the best time was to do this but it probably is about now.

I'm sorry to announce that this is going to be my last season as commissioner. After being at it for over 30 seasons, I think this is a good time to step away as it's been getting progressively tougher to give the league the attention it needs. I know that there have been lots of GMs that have sacrificed their time and energy to help keep this league running and that's really the hardest part about this. I hope that you won't be too let down by my decision.

I'll let you guys decide if you want to keep the league going after this season but if so, someone will need to take on the ongoing cost of site hosting and the domain. If a commish can be found, I'd be more than happy to show the ins and outs of the sim program.

It's been a crazy journey as I've walked with some of you for over 15 years. I'll definitely look back fondly on what we've accomplished.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
Dallas Chris
Dallas Stars

Re: My Retirement

Post by Dallas Chris »

:-(
Habs GM
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Habs GM »

Thanks John for everything you've done over the years.
Lance - Ducks
Anaheim Ducks

Post by Lance - Ducks »

I haven’t been here nearly as long as many others, but your commitment to the league has been greatly appreciated. Thanks, John.
KeithSturgeon
Columbus Blue Jackets

Post by KeithSturgeon »

I’ll miss you Daddy. Let’s get together and have some beers if you’re ever in Philly area
BigMac3110
Tampa Bay Lightning
Location: Impress them with your Brilliance, Baffle them with your Bullshit

Post by BigMac3110 »

Thanks John, haven’t been in the DHL as long as most here hit gotta say I’ve always loved it!
Regular Season Record
352W-354L-89T-28OTL
Playoff Record
30-28
Juliet-Bruins
Boston Bruins

Post by Juliet-Bruins »

Thanks for everything John!

I just had GVFHL collapse on me, but I’m open to trying to run DHL since we have an active group of GM’s here. Thoughts?
This team is cursed :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

Juliet-Bruins wrote:Thanks for everything John!

I just had GVFHL collapse on me, but I’m open to trying to run DHL since we have an active group of GM’s here. Thoughts?
I think the group of GMs here were always a bit more active than GVFHL due to the length of history here. If you're willing to run it, I'm still in for sure.

Thanks for keeping it running as long as you have John! I know you said you're retiring as commish...would you also be retiring as GM of SJ too? I get where commish work is way more than being just a GM so curious if you'd stick around if there was a replacement commish.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Carolina Gm-Andrew
Carolina Hurricanes

Post by Carolina Gm-Andrew »

Thank you John for your commitment and leadership in running DHL. The longevity and history of this league are what makes it truly special.

I very much hope you will stay on as a GM and continue to be part of the current DHL community.

Reading this post, I got upset that DHL may be coming to an end. Juliet, if you’re open to carrying the league forward, I would love that and I’m sure many others would appreciate it as well!

John, thanks again for making this league the fantastic community we have today.
Jamie
Vegas GM

Post by Jamie »

Best to you John. Enjoy the retirement and much respect.
thunderlips66
New York Islanders

Post by thunderlips66 »

Thanks for the year's of fun, John. Enjoy your retirement!
saif
Former New Jersey GM

Post by saif »

John, thanks for all the time you put into this league and the amazing teams up had and competing against them
Tanking is for pathetic losers!

John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

RichBasterd wrote:
Juliet-Bruins wrote:Thanks for everything John!

I think the group of GMs here were always a bit more active than GVFHL due to the length of history here. If you're willing to run it, I'm still in for sure.

Thanks for keeping it running as long as you have John! I know you said you're retiring as commish...would you also be retiring as GM of SJ too? I get where commish work is way more than being just a GM so curious if you'd stick around if there was a replacement commish.
Mmm...I was looking forward to a bit of vacation time but I can try that out after that :-)
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
bluesgm
St. Louis Blues

Post by bluesgm »

Thanks John.... for everything. It's been a great run

DHL Cup Champions Seasons 21,23,24,30
GM of the Year Seasons 19,21,24,30
Yeo
Winnipeg Jets