The Boston Ducks

Post your team's news and annoucements
Juliet-Bruins
Boston Bruins

The Boston Ducks

Post by Juliet-Bruins »

Last season, the Bruins got incredibly lucky, winning 2nd overall in the draft and the right to draft Adam Fantilli. Upon winning this pick I thought to myself “Fantilli will be a franchise center for us in the future, but he’s also a Columbus Blue Jacket. It would be so much nicer to get that Swede on his way to California”. So, going into the lottery I crossed my fingers I would luck out and land 1st this draft, and up until the final day of the lottery it looked like my dream would come true, but alas Vegas swooped in and grabbed 1st overall for a 2nd straight year. I was to be stuck with my franchise center who was also a fucking Blue Jacket.

But then a spark of hope appeared in the form of a trade block, with Vegas letting it be known that they were open to moving their newly won 1st overall pick, and with that the right to select Leo Carlsson. It was my chance! I opened with a decent offer of 5th overall and Lekkerimaki/Samoskevich, but was quickly shot down, being told he had been offered 3 young upcoming NHL players. Disheartened but not giving up, I offered up my prize from last draft, Adam Fantilli for the pick. After some deliberation this was also shot down as “fair but not what we’re looking for”. It was over, the dream was dead.

But in came a final ray of hope in the form of a DM from Adrian, stating he was close to getting the pick from Vegas and was interested in a swap for Fantilli. The dream lives! Eventually, they worked out a deal to send the pick to LA, and LA in turn sent the pick to me for Fantilli. And with that, my master plan was finished.

You see, already residing in (DHL) Boston is Mason McTavish and Pavel Mintyukov, two of the NHL Ducks cornerstone pieces. By adding Leo Carlsson, I have now perfected the trifecta of Ducks, and with that have found my new NHL team to cheer for while the NHL Penguins figure their shit out (that’s gonna take awhile).

Welcome to Boston Leo! I’m sure you’ll fit right in
This team is cursed :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Re: The Boston Ducks

Post by anthgrt-la »

Glad I can assist in making your dream come true!
Jamie
Vegas GM

Post by Jamie »

Woo-hoo, rare 3 way that left all satisfied!
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

Jamie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 pm Woo-hoo, rare 3 way that left all satisfied!
"It′s OK when it's in a three-way
It′s not gay when it's in a three-way
With a honey in the middle there′s some leeway
The area's grey in a one, two, three-way"
Habs GM
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Habs GM »

Huey, Duey and Luey