Season 24 Prospect Creation Thread

All GM administrative activities including position changes, ticket prices, waiver claims, etc. Also includes all off-season activities such as challenges, re-signings and UFA.

Moderators: Juliet-Bruins, Dallas Chris

John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Season 24 Prospect Creation Thread

Post by John - Sharks »

Keep in mind that all prospects that have played at least 25 games this season (15 for goalies) are automatically created so you don't need to post them here.

This thread is for creating prospects that have played less than 25 games but at least 5. You can request their SP/SK/DF along with arguments if you wish.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
smallz
Calgary Flames

Re: Season 24 Prospect Creation Thread

Post by smallz »

Are we still able to request guys to be created now and then ask to put them back on the prospect list before the season starts?

I'm tempted to request Sobotka because I need bodies but I'd like to know what his contract situation is before doing so because I assume he'd have a contract that would be carrying over from when he last played in the NHL/DHL?

DHL CUP CHAMPION
Y34

GM OF THE YEAR
Y34
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

smallz wrote:Are we still able to request guys to be created now and then ask to put them back on the prospect list before the season starts?

I'm tempted to request Sobotka because I need bodies but I'd like to know what his contract situation is before doing so because I assume he'd have a contract that would be carrying over from when he last played in the NHL/DHL?

I see that Sobotka was last in the league in Season 19.

http://www.dynastyhockey.com/archives/s ... ml#Calgary

At that time, his contract ran out so he's technically a UFA now because he's UFA age.
DHL Commissioner
smallz
Calgary Flames

Post by smallz »

John - Sharks wrote:
smallz wrote:Are we still able to request guys to be created now and then ask to put them back on the prospect list before the season starts?

At that time, his contract ran out so he's technically a UFA now because he's UFA age.

So I can't create him even if I wanted to?

Well poop

DHL CUP CHAMPION
Y34

GM OF THE YEAR
Y34
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

smallz wrote:
John - Sharks wrote:

So I can't create him even if I wanted to?

Well poop
Well you could but he would just be a UFA now this offseason instead of just waiting till next offseason when he will automatically be a UFA. So potentially could try to resign him now at a lower price than next offseason when it will likely be more costly for certain (both in cash and cap space). Obviously will be a guy highly contested if you do have him created though in that last wave of UFA but his cap hit will be very small.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

It probably doesn't make sense to allow Calgary to control creation of him if he's going to UFA. Whenever he gets auto-created, Calgary should be the last owner of the player though and get a pass into round 2. I should probably mention this in the rules later.
DHL Commissioner
bluesgm
St. Louis Blues

Post by bluesgm »

Charlie Lindgren please

DHL Cup Champions Seasons 21,23,24,30
GM of the Year Seasons 19,21,24,30