Talk about anything that's non-DHL related
smallz
Calgary Flames

Re: NBA Fans

Post by smallz »

The big 3 existed long before that

Jordan, Pippen, Rodman was a big 3

So was Bird, McHale and Parrish

The only thing LeBron did differently is instead of leaving it in the hands of executives to put a big 3 together, he got on the phone and essentially did it himself

People can hate him for that but I actually kind of respect LeBron for saying I can do this myself I don’t need anyone to do it for me, can’t really see how you can blame the best player in the world from controlling his own fate and life

Durant and especially now Cousins is completely different though, both of them are bandwagoners who chose to join well oiled machines, GS didn’t truly need either of them
Last edited by smallz on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DHL CUP CHAMPION
Y34

GM OF THE YEAR
Y34
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

He got everyone to take paycuts too and only one that no matter what Smallz says or thinks took 3 of the top 5 statistical players the year before to make that team.

You can not compare BOS either as they made trades to build that team. It wasn't literally multiple players all colluding, taking paycuts, nor making a giant scene about winning not 1,2,3,4,5,6 championships....

LeBron started this BS and GSW just finished it. If someone swings first you can not remotely blame if someone else swings back and ends the fight. Not shocked to find LeBron apologists though with how BSPN rides his dick.
saif
Former New Jersey GM

Post by saif »

LeBron is the Goat. Yes they did take small pay cuts, Bosh was never a top 5 player in the NBA, top 15 probably but that's about it. PER is a pretty good stat, but just using that isn't really fair the players. Was Hasan Whiteside the #16 best player this year, do you think Enis Kanter in the #17 best player in the NBA? LaMarcus Aldridge finished 8th in PER this season, do you consider him the 8th best player, that's what your doing with Bosh calling him a top 5 player, he wasn't that good.

What difference does it make the GM or player get together, also Dan Gilbert is a horrible owner who was never able to but another top 30 player with LeBron in his first 7 years.
Tanking is for pathetic losers!

RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

anthgrt-la wrote:He got everyone to take paycuts too and only one that no matter what Smallz says or thinks took 3 of the top 5 statistical players the year before to make that team.

You can not compare BOS either as they made trades to build that team. It wasn't literally multiple players all colluding, taking paycuts, nor making a giant scene about winning not 1,2,3,4,5,6 championships....
Considering I live in the area where all of this occurred, you're not exactly correct here. All 3 of them took a paycut to play together but it was only 15M each in total cash that they left on the table. And all 3 of them had opt-outs after 4 yrs to guarantee they could get more (so they more than made up the 15M in their next deal). And all 3 opted out FWIW with Bosh & Wade signing new deals with the Heat in 2014.

They all signed in 2010
Wade contract = 6 yrs, 107.2M
Bosh contract = 6 yrs, 110M
Lebron contract = 6 yrs, 110M

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-heat/ ... -earnings/
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-heat/ ... -earnings/
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles ... -earnings/

And Wade was already on the team but Bosh and Lebron were sign & trades so thats no different than BOS since they were still trades. They had to trade 2 first round picks for Bosh and 2 first round picks for Lebron (as well as an option to swap 1st rounders) so its not like it was just signing these guys like other teams do now. Also they took paycuts so they could re-sign guys like James Jones and Haslem (his cap hit was 3M, which is basically the amount that Wade gave up) and add Mike Miller. And of their starting 5, they drafted 2 of them (Wade & Chalmers), traded for 2 of them (Bosh & Lebron) and found 1 by scouting (Joel Anthony) which is basically like drafting him. Boston's Big 3 was similar...traded for Allen & Garnett and drafted Pierce, Rondo and Perkins. And the key pieces are no different in how they were acquired, trade for 2 of the top guys and draft 1.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

So 15 million in pay cuts isn't taking pay cuts and sign & trades are the same as signed player trades in the NBA.... Done here =))
BigMac3110
Tampa Bay Lightning
Location: Impress them with your Brilliance, Baffle them with your Bullshit

Post by BigMac3110 »

Anyone wanna place bets on Kawhi remaining a Raptor beyond this season?
Regular Season Record
352W-354L-89T-28OTL
Playoff Record
30-28
saif
Former New Jersey GM

Post by saif »

i'll bet he leaves
Tanking is for pathetic losers!

Carolina Gm-Andrew
Carolina Hurricanes

Post by Carolina Gm-Andrew »

Great article. Thanks for posting. However, I disagree that the Celtics should be blamed. I'm pretty sure Garnett and Allen came in trades not unrestricted free agency.
smallz
Calgary Flames

Post by smallz »

DHL CUP CHAMPION
Y34

GM OF THE YEAR
Y34
BigMac3110
Tampa Bay Lightning

Post by BigMac3110 »

Jimmy Butler to the 76er's, the East is looking competitive this year. Will be interesting to see if he has trouble meshing with the youngsters like he had in Minny, than again rumor has it that Butler banged KAT's girlfriend so that certainly didn't help any issues with chemistry that they had before
Regular Season Record
352W-354L-89T-28OTL
Playoff Record
30-28
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

Green was suspended from GSW for comments to Durant where he apparently replied with "This is why I am leaving." Nunerous sources now suggested next yr he joins LeBron and LA trades for A. Davis who changed agents to Rich Paul so makes sense. That would be a scary top 3
BigMac3110
Tampa Bay Lightning

Post by BigMac3110 »

Ya I never expected Durant to stay with GSW Beyond his contract, he’s got his titles so may as well move on and get a max contract somewhere
Regular Season Record
352W-354L-89T-28OTL
Playoff Record
30-28
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

BigMac3110 wrote:Ya I never expected Durant to stay with GSW Beyond his contract, he’s got his titles so may as well move on and get a max contract somewhere

He has been second fiddle to LeBron for a while and has been open about hating not being considered #1. How better to achieve that then turning LeBron into his side-kick. If I'm BOS and no clue how this hasn't happened... I'm overpaying to land Davis they have the assets to pull it off and still be stacked with youth.
BigMac3110
Tampa Bay Lightning

Post by BigMac3110 »

anthgrt-la wrote:
BigMac3110 wrote:Ya I never expected Durant to stay with GSW Beyond his contract, he’s got his titles so may as well move on and get a max contract somewhere

He has been second fiddle to LeBron for a while and has been open about hating not being considered #1. How better to achieve that then turning LeBron into his side-kick. If I'm BOS and no clue how this hasn't happened... I'm overpaying to land Davis they have the assets to pull it off and still be stacked with youth.

Ya if Boston would just give up some of their youth to land another star caliber player to play with Kyrie, would be very hard to beat them in the East
Regular Season Record
352W-354L-89T-28OTL
Playoff Record
30-28
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

BigMac3110 wrote:
anthgrt-la wrote:

Ya if Boston would just give up some of their youth to land another star caliber player to play with Kyrie, would be very hard to beat them in the East
Problem is that Boston doesnt know if Kyrie is gonna stay either. If they had him locked up, they could move some guys for sure.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda