Season 28 Ratings

Moderator: Nick - Philly

anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Re: Season 28 Ratings

Post by anthgrt-la »

As he should Vasilevsky barely even played even half of the season. All his core stats are higher while Price and Dubnyk core stats are mediocre
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

Games played effects all goalie stats. Don't know what to tell ya. Stats are based on percentile. If your goalie has slightly above average Sv% but plays 10 less games then most starters he will not have amazing ratings.

Ratings are based on percentile and Save % and GP are the two biggest factors. Price and Dub were #1-2 in games played. In a percentile based system being #1 in a major category makes a big difference.

For a goalie to be elite in DHLs rating system they have have a good save percentage and play 60+ games or have an amazing save % if they play 40-55.

The goalie ratings look correct to me.
Kris
Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Kris »

anthgrt-la wrote:As he should Vasilevsky barely even played even half of the season. All his core stats are higher while Price and Dubnyk core stats are mediocre

86, 86, 85, 86 and 86 for Dubnyk and 89, 99, 84, 89 and 89 for Vasilevskiy. Apparently it's a fine like for mediocre core stats.
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

I went off of SHL and other league ratings. Forgot how much more GP factors in here and into core stats.

That is good 3 better in every core stat or more. Pretty nice being ~90 or insane
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

Kris wrote:
anthgrt-la wrote:As he should Vasilevsky barely even played even half of the season. All his core stats are higher while Price and Dubnyk core stats are mediocre

86, 86, 85, 86 and 86 for Dubnyk and 89, 99, 84, 89 and 89 for Vasilevskiy. Apparently it's a fine like for mediocre core stats.
I think EX and LD matter a lot for goalies...that’s why there’s almost never been any under 29 goalies to win the cup in DHL I believe (may have been like 1 or 2). Dubnyk and Price and others just have more experience than Murray and even Vasi. That’s why drafting a goalie seems useless to me unless it’s a 3rd rounder and it’s a long term project asset.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda