Tiger King Spoiler Talk

Talk about anything that's non-DHL related
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Re: Tiger King Spoiler Talk

Post by anthgrt-la »

Alex wrote:Oh, if you have Amazon Prime Video - Definitely Jack Ryan, Hunters, and Mr. Robot
Loved season 1 of Jack Ryan yet didn't even finish season 2. Does it improve again? Felt like there was a big drop off from season 1 - 2. I similarly enjoyed Mr. Robot
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

anthgrt-la wrote:
Alex wrote:Oh, if you have Amazon Prime Video - Definitely Jack Ryan, Hunters, and Mr. Robot
Loved season 1 of Jack Ryan yet didn't even finish season 2. Does it improve again? Felt like there was a big drop off from season 1 - 2. I similarly enjoyed Mr. Robot
Really have to turn your mind off to get through season 2 of Jack Ryan. Gets more silly with each episode. Season 1 is much better for sure.

Season 1 of Mr Robot was really good. Never watched season 2.
Lance - Ducks
Anaheim Ducks

Post by Lance - Ducks »

I just started watching “For All Mankind” on AppleTV+. It’s an alternate history in which the Soviet Union lands on the Moon in June 1969 ahead of Apollo 11. I’m three episodes in and it’s not too shabby.
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

anthgrt-la wrote:
It might not be as good as season 1 but there's still some great episodes.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Lance - Ducks wrote:I just started watching “For All Mankind” on AppleTV+. It’s an alternate history in which the Soviet Union lands on the Moon in June 1969 ahead of Apollo 11. I’m three episodes in and it’s not too shabby.
Similarly, if you like alternative history narratives I've been told that Amazon's "The Man in the High Castle" is fantastic. It showcases what life in the US would have been like if the Axis' would have won WWII. I plan on watching it after I complete Money Heist (which is turning out to be pretty enjoyable) but I also might want to read the novel first.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

Alex wrote:
Lance - Ducks wrote:I just started watching “For All Mankind” on AppleTV+. It’s an alternate history in which the Soviet Union lands on the Moon in June 1969 ahead of Apollo 11. I’m three episodes in and it’s not too shabby.
Similarly, if you like alternative history narratives I've been told that Amazon's "The Man in the High Castle" is fantastic. It showcases what life in the US would have been like if the Axis' would have won WWII. I plan on watching it after I complete Money Heist (which is turning out to be pretty enjoyable) but I also might want to read the novel first.
I always watch the show/movie before reading the book if its something that I never read previously. Because you'll always find the novel is infinitely better and usually ruins the experience watching the show/movie since there's no way to be able to duplicate everything in the novel.

I watched all 4 seasons of "The Man in the High Castle" and yes I really enjoyed it. If you like the alternate history genre, then its a great watch and plenty of content to watch too with those 40 episodes.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Lance - Ducks
Anaheim Ducks

Post by Lance - Ducks »

RichBasterd wrote:
Alex wrote:
I always watch the show/movie before reading the book if its something that I never read previously. Because you'll always find the novel is infinitely better and usually ruins the experience watching the show/movie since there's no way to be able to duplicate everything in the novel.

I watched all 4 seasons of "The Man in the High Castle" and yes I really enjoyed it. If you like the alternate history genre, then its a great watch and plenty of content to watch too with those 40 episodes.
Agreed. It was a highly engaging series.
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

I didnt see it mentioned as a show anyone was watching but I just recently finished the 4 seasons of "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. Definitely has some similarities to Game of Thrones without the fantasy aspect so much (no dragons, undead ice men, etc). I think its gonna come back for a 5th season as well.

Also started watching "For all mankind" like Lance. Just starting the 3rd episode and yeah it seems pretty solid. Needed something to watch now so thats pretty decent time spent it seems to me. Also having been from FL and seeing a few shuttle launches, it was a topic that I know a little about.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Habs GM
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Habs GM »

Just finished watching the first two seasons of Sex Education. Kids are a lot more advanced than when I was in high school but it was a decent show.

Next up is the Dark Side of the Ring.