Ratings Committee Proposal

Moderator: Nick - Philly

John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Ratings Committee Proposal

Post by John - Sharks »

I'm just brainstorming but I'd like to propose a more concrete Ratings Committee. It will consist of roughly 5 members and I would open up a private forum for them. The purpose of the forum is to discuss any ratings that they see as egregiously off and have an on-going discussion for any changes to occur in the off-season. It can be interesting for those that like to scout/research players.

Furthermore, I'd like to open up dynastycommish@hotmail.com to also allow GM's to report any anomalies that they see. These suggestions will go to the committee and may or may not lead to change in the off-season.

This can be something that we can try out as there isn't really any harm in doing so. If it gets out of hand or isn't effective, we can just go back to the way it was before.

Any thoughts are welcome. :ymhug:
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Re: Ratings Committee Proposal

Post by Nick - Philly »

Yes! I miss our old messenger chats as ratings committee. Sergio would cut up some challenges. Way more fun than a straight up spread sheet. Also I remember other GMs changing my mind on ratings. I think it is a better way to do it.
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

Nick - Philly wrote:Yes! I miss our old messenger chats as ratings committee. Sergio would cut up some challenges. Way more fun than a straight up spread sheet. Also I remember other GMs changing my mind on ratings. I think it is a better way to do it.

We can bring that back too. It's not too hard to open a chat session somewhere. I just went away from doing it once I started phasing out MSN/Skype.
DHL Commissioner
Ben-Sens
Former Ottawa GM

Post by Ben-Sens »

who would be on said ratings committee. Could have one for rookies as well as we can work on ratings as guys play 25 games.
Soon my pretties will be ready and I'll have a dynasty... soon #aimharder #shootbetter
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Chris | Wild GM
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

Ben-Sens wrote:who would be on said ratings committee. Could have one for rookies as well as we can work on ratings as guys play 25 games.

That's TBD. I assume you want to do rookies? :))
DHL Commissioner
Ben-Sens
Former Ottawa GM

Post by Ben-Sens »

John - Sharks wrote:
Ben-Sens wrote:who would be on said ratings committee. Could have one for rookies as well as we can work on ratings as guys play 25 games.

That's TBD. I assume you want to do rookies? :))

doing it now just saying might be easier to have scrap notes from the whole year.
Soon my pretties will be ready and I'll have a dynasty... soon #aimharder #shootbetter
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

I'd be for it. Been on the the RC for several years so no issue or gladly join the new one if so desired. No issues if someone else though. Good idea though just think some protocol or one has to be careful how one goes about this. Could be detrimental if you trade for someone with an anomaly only to instantly have those ratings drastically drop. Would have to be like challenges and majority of the time at most a few points. All for it though.
bluesgm
St. Louis Blues

Post by bluesgm »

I am available as well for this

DHL Cup Champions Seasons 21,23,24,30
GM of the Year Seasons 19,21,24,30
saif
Former New Jersey GM

Post by saif »

i love the sounds of this, but i think rating anomalies should only be corrected in the off-season, that would avoid any sudden rating drops or jumps
Tanking is for pathetic losers!

Ben-Sens
Former Ottawa GM

Post by Ben-Sens »

saif wrote:i love the sounds of this, but i think rating anomalies should only be corrected in the off-season, that would avoid any sudden rating drops or jumps

think that's the plan just allowing for mid season discussion instead of doing it all in a couple days
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

Ben-Sens wrote:
saif wrote:i love the sounds of this, but i think rating anomalies should only be corrected in the off-season, that would avoid any sudden rating drops or jumps

think that's the plan just allowing for mid season discussion instead of doing it all in a couple days

Yeah, that's the idea
DHL Commissioner
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

I volunteer as tribute. I don't think you need a special one for rookies. Just have a few of the members be guys that really enjoy scouting/prospects in the main group.

Count me in.

Also, I do wish MSN/SKYPE was used more. It's unfortunate that it isn't. It's too bad there wasnt a live chat function within the forum that could be opened between two GM's. I've also had a few negotiations over TeamSpeak which was a unique and neat way of doing it.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs