NHL Season Talk

Talk about what's going on in the hockey world
bluesgm
St. Louis Blues

Re: NHL Season Talk

Post by bluesgm »

As a fan of the Wild, we were told that it would take a Kings ransom to get Eichel at draft time. It was intimated that it by M. Russo who is pretty connected and reliable that it would take the Wilds two 1st plus Boldy and Rossi plus maybe Dumba...now one report had it Boldy or Rossi but then including a different player like Greenway and maybe even Fiala....so I think holding out this long only hurt the Sabres ability to maximize Eichel's value. Especially when all the reports of him being a bad teammate emerged

DHL Cup Champions Seasons 21,23,24,30
GM of the Year Seasons 19,21,24,30
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

What did tim Murray do at the draft Lottery?
Chris | Wild GM
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

KeithSturgeon wrote:The crazy thing is idk if it’s true but Flames offered something better I think it was Tkachuk, a 1st, another 1st prospect, and a 2nd I think? I remember it was Kevin Weekes who tweeted it but I don’t have Twitter if someone wants to get the actual deets
Confirm not to be true. Tkachuk was never including in talks.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Habs GM wrote:
Carolina Gm-Andrew wrote:Kevyn Adams has egg all over his face imo. Pretty sure the league stepped in and said take the best deal because the NHLPA is going to have a pretty decent case and everyone is looking worse by the moment.

It’s also nice to have something for the pundits to discuss other than the Kyle Beach saga...talking from the league point of view here btw

He had a superstar before his prime and got the above package only. Yuck
Couldn’t disagree more with everything here.

Contract and Collective Agreement specify that the course of treatment must be team approved. Eichel could grieve only on marginal grounds that they are preventing him from what exactly? They didn’t suspend without pay although he is in violation of his contract and the collective agreement negotiated by the union he is a part of.

The return is going to give the Sabres more overall team depth and could possibly include 3 top-6 pieces. Hell, Adams has done another tremendous trade for the Sabres given the shitshow he inherited.

This reminds me of how much slack Sakic got when he moved Duchene.

Let’s see if and how much impact Eichel makes before jumping to any conclusions.
This irks me a bit. I can somewhat understand teams being able to control if a player is allowed to drive motorcycles or participate in other high-risk endeavours. I also understand that the teams having control over medical care are part of the CBA, but there's a point where "my body, my choice" comes into play. There's some interesting evidence regarding long-term rehabilitation success in both the ADR and SF procedures. I've done minimal research, but I think Eichel and his team had every right to pursue the ADR route as it seems to have a higher success rate by quite a bit, with fewer long-term side effects. It's easy to say Eichel was just requesting that surgery to look less like a villain, but at the end of the day, his team still pursued the procedure immediately with Vegas.I don't think Eichel and his team would suggest a surgery that could potentially end his career in his prime, or significantly shorten it knowing that he's got at least, what, another eight years of hockey after this contract assuming he has a similar career path as Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin who will likely play around twenty-year careers? Not to mention I'm sure player contracts are insured against critical injury resulting in a player's ability to continue his play, right?

It's a shitty situation where both sides made errors during the build-up, and both seem to let their pride get the better of them.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
KeithSturgeon
Columbus Blue Jackets

Post by KeithSturgeon »

There is nothing more exciting to watch than NHL Playoffs in OT. This TBL/TOR game is wild it should have been over for either team already