Maurice defends Byfuglien

Talk about what's going on in the hockey world
jonquixote
Former Rangers GM

Maurice defends Byfuglien

Post by jonquixote »

Article.

Great read in general and I think shows one of the reasons Maurice is a pretty good coach.

Most importantly though, I appreciate the calling-out of an entitled media searching for drama.

"So you’re asking me what Dustin’s like behind closed doors based on something that pissed you off?

This is one of the more interesting and honest reporter interactions of the year.
jonquixote
Former Rangers GM

Re: Maurice defends Byfuglien

Post by jonquixote »

For the record though, it's not to say that the media can't be even-handed or that they were necessarily in the wrong during the line of questioning.

A good alternate (kinda) perspective on the Byfuglien exchange with Maurice.
Steve - Nashville
Nashville Predators

Post by Steve - Nashville »

I think most of us would agree that we would rather hear honesty, rather see a player pissed of,rather see that passion, than the standard "Phaneuf-Kessel" bullshit answers we hear far to often from so many professional players.
Season 26
Presidents Cup Champion
Western Conference Champion
Howe Division Champion

Trophy Case
S26- Connor Hellebuyck- Vezina Trophy
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

I love honesty in all facets of life. Media and sports really bug me how things get portrayed, taken, and players go about handling it. Not really a huge fan of him, but one thing I always appreciated about Kobe.... Love him or hate him he speaks his mind, says what he wants, and shows more passion than anyone else on the court. I think some wish he could channel it in different ways yet that candidness is rare in an athlete and admirable imo.
Michael
Former Tampa Bay GM

Post by Michael »

Hockey, Adrian, hockey. You can take your raping b-ball talk back to the ghettos from whence you came.
"Yeah, I’m cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn’t mean I’m not a nice person.”

Jeremy Roenick
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

Michael wrote:Hockey, Adrian, hockey. You can take your raping b-ball talk back to the ghettos from whence you came.

Part of the discussion was media being entitled, searching for drama, and athletes calling it out. Fact you still think Kobe raped that girl shows how misinformed you are on the situation. 0 interest in trying to defend Kobe though as he means nothing to me and possibly the most if not top five polarizing and misunderstood player in sports right now. Hamburg, Germany is the ghetto? That or referring to Newport Beach where I grew up? (Not 1 house <1 million for sale there and had 2 black people and ~10 Mexicans at my school all six years I went there lol).

Your troll game has gotten weak
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

anthgrt (la-gm) wrote:
Michael wrote:Hockey, Adrian, hockey. You can take your raping b-ball talk back to the ghettos from whence you came.

Part of the discussion was media being entitled, searching for drama, and athletes calling it out. Fact you still think Kobe raped that girl shows how misinformed you are on the situation. 0 interest in trying to defend Kobe though as he means nothing to me and possibly the most if not top five polarizing and misunderstood player in sports right now. Hamburg, Germany is the ghetto? That or referring to Newport Beach where I grew up? (Not 1 house <1 million for sale there and had 2 black people and ~10 Mexicans at my school all six years I went there lol).

Your troll game has gotten weak

Ahhhhhh...

I'm not sure but I think he was joking around and didn't actually think you came from a ghetto.

and I think he also meant Rapping, but maybe not.
jonquixote
Former Rangers GM

Post by jonquixote »

anthgrt (la-gm) wrote:Fact you still think Kobe raped that girl shows how misinformed you are on the situation.

The fact that you think he definitely didn't is a little scary. In the hopes of saving you some stress and legal bills down the road, I should probably point out that if you are having sex with someone and you don't think it's rape but she or he does, that's still rape.

Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

jonquixote wrote:
anthgrt (la-gm) wrote:Fact you still think Kobe raped that girl shows how misinformed you are on the situation.

The fact that you think he definitely didn't is a little scary. In the hopes of saving you some stress and legal bills down the road, I should probably point out that if you are having sex with someone and you don't think it's rape but she or he does, that's still rape.

How do convos turn into this...under hockey talk, yeesh
Chris | Wild GM
jonquixote
Former Rangers GM

Post by jonquixote »

Chris-Wild wrote:How do convos turn into this...under hockey talk, yeesh

Dude, this shit's important. It's not the 1950s anymore where our sports heroes do no wrong, men are men and boys will be boys, and unless a woman shows up at the police station 10 minutes later bleeding and crying, she's probably making it up. If someone brings up a myth or perpetuates a misunderstanding about this sort of thing, it's got to be clarified.
jonquixote
Former Rangers GM

Post by jonquixote »

I probably shouldn't be so snarky though. I'm just disappointed we are not past this (on these boards especially) though and I'm still reading crap like that. For the snark I apologize.
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

jonquixote wrote:
Chris-Wild wrote:How do convos turn into this...under hockey talk, yeesh

Dude, this shit's important.

Yes, but start a rape debate under anything goes next time, all im sayin. :lol:
Chris | Wild GM
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild

Post by Chris-Wild »

Maybe not start but continue, no offense intended either. ;)
Chris | Wild GM
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

I blame Mike for misspelling rapping.
Michael
Former Tampa Bay GM

Post by Michael »

Nick - Philly wrote:I blame Mike for misspelling rapping.

I never mispel.
"Yeah, I’m cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn’t mean I’m not a nice person.”

Jeremy Roenick