Cap Warnings/Infractions

Important league information and announcements
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Re: Cap Warnings/Infractions

Post by John - Sharks »

Alex wrote:Everything good from last nights sim.

I was the only one under, for some reason it didn't move Kruger from the farm to my roster. Made the changes again, hopefully I did it right this time.

I never received new lines from you after you claimed Kruger so unfortunately, like in Ben's situation, I have to give Chris the claim for Kruger.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Ok, well I will accept your decision. However, I know for a fact both nights after acquiring him and being under the cap floor I changed and submitted lines (saved/loaded) through the editor. I will be asking for confirmation that you've got them next time.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Alex wrote:Ok, well I will accept your decision. However, I know for a fact both nights after acquiring him and being under the cap floor I changed and submitted lines (saved/loaded) through the editor. I will be asking for confirmation that you've got them next time.

Chris | Wild GM
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Boston - over
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

No Infractions from last night
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

500k fines to NYR and CGY
DHL Commissioner
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

Carolina (Barbashev on farm, Athanasiou healthy scratch) and Winnipeg (Mason on farm, Bozak on D) have been fined 2 mil for not icing their best lines.
DHL Commissioner
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

John - Sharks wrote:Carolina (Barbashev on farm, Athanasiou healthy scratch) and Winnipeg (Mason on farm, Bozak on D) have been fined 2 mil for not icing their best lines.

Seems a bit strong. I wouldn't play Mason either with that stupid salary. Other goalies are comparable. What shitty D would be an upgrade over Bozak on the PP.

Barbashev isn't an upgrade on any of the centers Carolina is playing. Athanasiou does seem odd.
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

The violations and fines were determined by a committee. After a fine, they’ll also review any objections.
DHL Commissioner
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

Nick - Philly wrote:
John - Sharks wrote:Carolina (Barbashev on farm, Athanasiou healthy scratch) and Winnipeg (Mason on farm, Bozak on D) have been fined 2 mil for not icing their best lines.

Seems a bit strong. I wouldn't play Mason either with that stupid salary. Other goalies are comparable. What shitty D would be an upgrade over Bozak on the PP.

Barbashev isn't an upgrade on any of the centers Carolina is playing. Athanasiou does seem odd.
This was what teams last season got for penalties so wanted to be consistent.

Mason is still his best goalie on his team and no issues with cap space so no reason he shouldn’t have at least been on his pro roster. It’s still odd to play a forward at D on the PK. It may not have been fully deliberate but it was clearly negligent based on what was found. Mason was the real issue for the ‘Peg.

Carolina had 10 forwards on the pro roster so scratching his best LW was obviously not his best lines. Even though he was previously out due to injury, Athanasiou should’ve been back in the lineup by now. During the injury, no reason why he shouldn’t have called up Barbashev. And still with just 10 forwards, giving Barbashev a spot in the lineup would be fine and I think he can play other forward spots too(if not his other centers can I believe).
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

This seems silly. But ill leave it at that.
Chris | Wild GM
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

If I had the choice between a 67 OV goalie making $500k and a 70 OV goalie making $4.2M I'd be playing the 67.

He may not be close to the cap, but still has to pay him $4M more for a very similar result. To me that $4M can go to better use on a rebuilding team than paying for a 70OV goalie.

Think it is time for some of the sookn' babies in this league to get a life.
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

Why you being a whining sookn' baby Nick?
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

anthgrt-la wrote:Why you being a whining sookn' baby Nick?

Looks like we found the sooky babe that is crying to the teacher about what goalie guys are starting.

Waaa Waaaa John, the mean boys are playing Neuvirth

If Steve Mason is so great, why don't you grab him off waivers Adrian. He sure would help you "ice your best lines" you wouldn't because adding that salary would just be stupid when you don't need it.
Carolina Gm-Andrew
Carolina Hurricanes

Post by Carolina Gm-Andrew »

My bad on Athansiou didn't realize he was back from the I.R. As for Barbashev, I don't really think he's an upgrade on many of my players and is under 24 so I have him on my farm.

I gave a more detailed PM response to John in hopes of avoiding the type of discussion that appears to be beginning between Nick and Adrian lol

Would ask potentially for a warning for first time offenders. I do understand how important the rule is and didn't mean to keep Athansiou on the shelf. Apologies