Phaneuf Trade

Talk about what's going on in the hockey world
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Re: Phaneuf Trade

Post by Chris-Wild »

Babs, Shanny and Lou are sitting upstairs in the ACC having scotch as Lou raise his glass "Babs, I thought you were crazy when you said you could make Dion a 2nd pairing dman and my phone would start ringing...and Hunwick as number one? that was ballsy...pure genius"...they clink glasses and laugh...muhahahahahahahaha
Chris | Wild GM
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

Chris-Wild wrote:Babs, Shanny and Lou are sitting upstairs in the ACC having scotch as Lou raise his glass "Babs, I thought you were crazy when you said you could make Dion a 2nd pairing dman and my phone would start ringing...and Hunwick as number one? that was ballsy...pure genius"...they clink glasses and laugh...muhahahahahahahaha

They did an excellent job of pumping his tires this year for sure. Gave him a good D partner, cut down his mins, and gave him easier minutes. Well done as a management team. If I am a leafs fan I am getting very excited about where things are going.
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Nick - Philly wrote:
Chris-Wild wrote:Babs, Shanny and Lou are sitting upstairs in the ACC having scotch as Lou raise his glass "Babs, I thought you were crazy when you said you could make Dion a 2nd pairing dman and my phone would start ringing...and Hunwick as number one? that was ballsy...pure genius"...they clink glasses and laugh...muhahahahahahahaha

They did an excellent job of pumping his tires this year for sure. Gave him a good D partner, cut down his mins, and gave him easier minutes. Well done as a management team. If I am a leafs fan I am getting very excited about where things are going.

When Shanny hired Dubas out of SSM, it was a sign to me that he was doing it right, instead of trying the same ol garbage...when he fired the entire scouting staff, i smiled, their track record spoke for itself...when shanny hired hunter, and then anyone else who was considered 'top of the class' from other organizations it was a great move...same with babs etc, as far as the future goes, i am very optimistic, but because i was before, when i say it, its means less, until it won't, which i think is in the next couple years.
Chris | Wild GM
rodspike
Former Edmonton GM

Post by rodspike »

I am hoping for them to lose every game.

Moving in the right direction. Stay the course people. A thousand points of light - stay the course!

Leafs in the playoffs in 2017-18. And for 10 years in a row after that!
Baba Booey
President of Hockey Operations

Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

anthgrt-la wrote:You want non HF facts. Karlsson is on pace of more goals against than J. Schultz on EDM last year who led the league in most goals against while on ice. Please try and say that is team based and EDM/Schultz had it better last season. Karlsson is godly offensively (completely in his own league), but been atrocious defensively this year to say it lightly. Still a top Hart/Norris candidate, but he has been a forward this year not a defender. Just look at his PK toi and before you bring up minutes played Suter/Weber/Doughty/Keith/etc manage to play PP/PK/regular ice-time.

I'll just leave this here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 32666.html
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Nick - Philly wrote:
anthgrt-la wrote:You want non HF facts. Karlsson is on pace of more goals against than J. Schultz on EDM last year who led the league in most goals against while on ice. Please try and say that is team based and EDM/Schultz had it better last season. Karlsson is godly offensively (completely in his own league), but been atrocious defensively this year to say it lightly. Still a top Hart/Norris candidate, but he has been a forward this year not a defender. Just look at his PK toi and before you bring up minutes played Suter/Weber/Doughty/Keith/etc manage to play PP/PK/regular ice-time.

I'll just leave this here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 32666.html

DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
Michael
Former Tampa Bay GM

Post by Michael »

Owned again. No surprise.
"Yeah, I’m cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn’t mean I’m not a nice person.”

Jeremy Roenick
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

You posted an article regarding Doughty vs Karlsson not answering a single thing I wrote. I can find plenty of articles, and not from yahoo yet actual analysts and NHL players/coaches/etc saying the opposite. Fact it uses GvA/TkA stats something I've addressed almost every season about LA says all you need to know too. Doughty wouldn't win Norris for me this year either.

Once again breaking Schultz's goals against in a season last year. Nothing was debunked or changed with that article. Once again Karlsson is 0 doubt a top 3 defender, god-like right now offensively, and one hell of a stud. The discussion here is his defense and being on ice for the most goals allowed of any single player in the entire NHL. Already debunked the minutes, team he plays on, etc.
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

Did you read the article? :))

Otherwise, though, the only particularly huge disparity here is in terms of one guy being appreciably worse off clearly in terms of goals allowed per 60. And the reason is LA goalies have a .931 save percentage with Doughty on the ice this year, versus just .909 with Karlsson on. And given that we know a) Karlsson allows very, very slightly more high-quality chances, and b) he plays with worse players pretty much across the board, I think we can safely call this a wash.

Basically the only difference in their goals against stats is their total TOI and the difference in SV%.

How can you say this after reading that paragraph?
Once again breaking Schultz's goals against in a season last year. Nothing was debunked or changed with that article.

The discussion here is his defense and being on ice for the most goals allowed of any single player in the entire NHL.

He is on the ice a lot more than anyone in the league, and his goaltenders have a .909 Sv% while he is on the ice.
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

Yes I read the article yesterday already. Based upon that article also one would think one is discussing J. Benn vs F. Nielsen. You think Doughty isn't even a top 10 D? Based upon that article that is what one would infer. Also Methot > McNabb would gladly make that trade barring same CAP hit as a Kings fan. Doughty doesn't play with Muzzin. Don't see a single thing that article changed or proved based upon what I wrote.

The rest I've already addressed. If nothing else will have to agree to disagree, but enough arguments on both sides that this can go forever. It isn't without reason that Karlsson's defense is discussed and has an article brought up upon it at least once a week. Hint it isn't because he is god-like, like his offense is at defense.
jonquixote
Former Rangers GM

Post by jonquixote »

I don't much like Ryan Lambert and he uses spreadsheets to make a lot of pretty spurious claims against Doughty on a fairly regular basis. But by the same token, how the fuck is he not an "actual analyst" or that working for Yahoo somehow discredits him?

Fact it uses GvA/TkA stats something I've addressed almost every season about LA says all you need to know too

Adrian, are you sure you read the article?
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild

Post by Chris-Wild »

West coast bias
Chris | Wild GM