Expansion?

Talk about anything that is DHL related
saif
Former New Jersey GM

Re: Expansion?

Post by saif »

it's cool, i'm for it, sort of sucks i wouldn't be able to get the first pick and i would end up with the worst record and drop to 7th overall pick, which sucks, maybe the lottery for those season shouldn't have 4 lottery spots, but 1 like in the current nhl, or 3 like the NBA, it just think 4 would be too many
Tanking is for pathetic losers!

Stefan - SabresGM
Former Buffalo GM

Post by Stefan - SabresGM »

saif wrote:it's cool, i'm for it, sort of sucks i wouldn't be able to get the first pick and i would end up with the worst record and drop to 7th overall pick, which sucks, maybe the lottery for those season shouldn't have 4 lottery spots, but 1 like in the current nhl, or 3 like the NBA, it just think 4 would be too many

That's why I thought it would be better to delay it a few seasons. To allow the 7 rebuilding teams to re-stock and start pushing back a bit before introducing more strugglers.

Another thought would be a potential DHL Re-alignment as well.
ImageImageImage
Tyler - Columbus
Former Columbus GM

Post by Tyler - Columbus »

Just like the SHL, I'll put in for consideration of taking the GM spot for one of the new franchises.
[size=150][i]The End of An Era[/i][/size]
Season 13 - President's Cup Winner
Season 13 - GM of the Year
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

If the argument is re-building teams find me a year in DHL where there weren't multiple. Its possible there are more/less right now than usual but there will always be at least a few hard tanking and a couple others semi tanking. Nature of FHL leagues. Just my opinion though.
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

anthgrt (la-gm) wrote:If the argument is re-building teams find me a year in DHL where there weren't multiple. Its possible there are more/less right now than usual but there will always be at least a few hard tanking and a couple others semi tanking. Nature of FHL leagues. Just my opinion though.

This.

I've been here since season 6 and there will always be a half dozen teams retooling to some extent...and there were some other concerns about protection, the expansion is only 2 more teams so the most any team loses is 2 players which isn't a lot, as for the draft, tanking has never guaranteed a top 2 pick in this league so not much diff imo.
Chris | Wild GM
Carolina Gm-Andrew
Carolina Hurricanes

Post by Carolina Gm-Andrew »

All for it, and I believe it will help, not hurt parity, depending on the strictness of protection rules.
Boltsgm
Former Tampa Bay GM

Post by Boltsgm »

Im all for it as well

Ramage GM History
Playoff Record: 9-16

Nash-Hodgson-Burns
Purcell-Lecavalier-Bailey
Roussel-Dubinsky-Fehr
Klinkhammer-Pyatt- Smith-Pelly

Hamhuis-Nikitin
Barrie-Gunnarsson
Del Zotto-Meszaros

Varlamov
Hutton
Steve - Nashville
Nashville Predators

Post by Steve - Nashville »

would not be for it.
Season 26
Presidents Cup Champion
Western Conference Champion
Howe Division Champion

Trophy Case
S26- Connor Hellebuyck- Vezina Trophy
Michael
Former Tampa Bay GM

Post by Michael »

Steve - Nashville wrote:would not be for it.

Care to share why? I'm undecided so want some opinions.
"Yeah, I’m cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn’t mean I’m not a nice person.”

Jeremy Roenick
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

I think it would be good to have 2 expansion teams in the west and move me east to pantherland...much better balance of competition too...blues could move to minny since he is a homer, then make blues and yotes two new expansion teams...another awesome result of 30 teams will be the 6 divisions being top 3 seeds in each conference and also a much better fhl schedule which seems to be weird with 28 teams...
Chris | Wild GM
Dallas Chris
Dallas Stars

Post by Dallas Chris »

Chris-Wild wrote:I think it would be good to have 2 expansion teams in the west and move me east to pantherland...much better balance of competition too...blues could move to minny since he is a homer, then make blues and yotes two new expansion teams...another awesome result of 30 teams will be the 6 divisions being top 3 seeds in each conference and also a much better fhl schedule which seems to be weird with 28 teams...

Pick me for the east, pick me
saif
Former New Jersey GM

Post by saif »

i'd rather be in the West, would make my job maybe easier
Tanking is for pathetic losers!

Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild

Post by Chris-Wild »

Dallas Chris wrote:
Chris-Wild wrote:I think it would be good to have 2 expansion teams in the west and move me east to pantherland...much better balance of competition too...blues could move to minny since he is a homer, then make blues and yotes two new expansion teams...another awesome result of 30 teams will be the 6 divisions being top 3 seeds in each conference and also a much better fhl schedule which seems to be weird with 28 teams...

Pick me for the east, pick me

You shshshshsh...
Chris | Wild GM
Tyler - Columbus
Former Columbus GM

Post by Tyler - Columbus »

I'll take the Blues expansion team. Everyone knows that's all I talk about.
[size=150][i]The End of An Era[/i][/size]
Season 13 - President's Cup Winner
Season 13 - GM of the Year
Jonathan
Former Chicago GM

Post by Jonathan »

I am the longest standing Panther fan in the league. Not liking this power-grab from Chris. We going to have to fight buddy? :lol: