DHL announces expansion

Important league information and announcements
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Re: DHL announces expansion

Post by RichBasterd »

Steve - Nashville wrote:just to clarify, if I protect 14,15 or 16, the MOST players I can lose between my pro roster and prospect roster is 1??? So I expose Jenner,Eckblad and Kreider ( wouldn't happen but ) then Kreider get's picked, I am pretty much done as far as expansion draft? No one else can be taken from my team ?
Yup I can only take 1 guy from each team so you can only lose 1 right now.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Steve - Nashville
Nashville Predators

Post by Steve - Nashville »

beauty,thanks
Season 26
Presidents Cup Champion
Western Conference Champion
Howe Division Champion

Trophy Case
S26- Connor Hellebuyck- Vezina Trophy
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

John - Sharks wrote:Sorry I missed this.

Trades won't be official until the off-season but feel free to work out some deals now. As for lists, I don't see why they couldn't be made public at a deadline. This'll be in the off-season as well.

I'll have an expansion forum up soon.
Yeah I figured nothing could be official until really lists are posted anyway and expect several GMs to make deals that dont include Florida prior to submitting their lists. Just wanted to make sure I could start discussing things with other GMs about who they want to not lose. Has the deadline been given any consideration too? Would it be prior to the draft lottery or just after?

I've already started putting together my "shortlists" per team so the scouting is definitely already underway. Lets all start the discussions boys :-D :ymhug:
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

RichBasterd wrote:
John - Sharks wrote:Sorry I missed this.

Trades won't be official until the off-season but feel free to work out some deals now. As for lists, I don't see why they couldn't be made public at a deadline. This'll be in the off-season as well.

I'll have an expansion forum up soon.
Yeah I figured nothing could be official until really lists are posted anyway and expect several GMs to make deals that dont include Florida prior to submitting their lists. Just wanted to make sure I could start discussing things with other GMs about who they want to not lose. Has the deadline been given any consideration too? Would it be prior to the draft lottery or just after?

I've already started putting together my "shortlists" per team so the scouting is definitely already underway. Lets all start the discussions boys :-D :ymhug:

The deadline will be after the season ends. Instead of starting with the entry draft, we'll do the expansion draft. The lottery will remain during the playoffs though. We'll know the exact draft order prior to the lists being due.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Q, might have already been asked but for

Option A
Protect 14 assets and the yr 24 draft is exempt

Does that include a prospect u drafted or any prospect drafted in yr 24 that is your property at time of expansion?
Chris | Wild GM
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Chris-Wild wrote:Q, might have already been asked but for

Option A
Protect 14 assets and the yr 24 draft is exempt

Does that include a prospect u drafted or any prospect drafted in yr 24 that is your property at time of expansion?

IIRC, it was ANY prospect drafted in the YR24 draft, regardless of ownership.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Anyone to confirm?
Chris | Wild GM
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

Chris-Wild wrote:Anyone to confirm?

I think any yr 24 prospect makes sense.
DHL Commissioner
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild

Post by Chris-Wild »

John - Sharks wrote:
Chris-Wild wrote:Anyone to confirm?

I think any yr 24 prospect makes sense.

To me too but thanks for clarifying. B-)
Chris | Wild GM
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

Will the expansion sub-forum be open soon? I'm keeping track of the deals I've agreed to but it would be nice to put some of that here to some extent (I probably wont state what players are being selected though). Only thing I'll post is what return I'm getting for making those deals. I think that will help with negotiations with some other GMs as well.
– Yoda
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

RichBasterd wrote:Will the expansion sub-forum be open soon? I'm keeping track of the deals I've agreed to but it would be nice to put some of that here to some extent (I probably wont state what players are being selected though). Only thing I'll post is what return I'm getting for making those deals. I think that will help with negotiations with some other GMs as well.

I've opened the forum. There isn't much for me to post in it atm but you can post whatever you like lol.
DHL Commissioner
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

I just stickied a list of the expansion deals completed so far so that its easier to keep track of. Once the season is over, those can be posted as real trades with the full details as well but just want that to be there to be tracked.
– Yoda