Hockey Websites / Articles

Talk about what's going on in the hockey world
ssully44
Former Ottawa GM

Hockey Websites / Articles

Post by ssully44 »

Hey guys,

Was curious if anyone knew any good websites or news sources for information about the prospects in our league? Looking for some type of place where scouts talk about how they think certain players are faring in juniors (or AHL), their opinions, etc. Would love to try and learn more about some of the up and coming young guys.
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Re: Hockey Websites / Articles

Post by RichBasterd »

Dobber Prospects has a lot about every teams' prospects as well as some rankings.

I've also found a few teams who have someone tracking their prospects with varying quality:

Buffalo - sabresprospects.com
Tampa - boltsprospects.com
Colorado - coloradoavalancheprospects.com
Montreal - habsprospects.com

Also found a site for Finnish prospects - https://finnprospects.com/
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

SBNation team sites like Pension Plan Puppets are good for prospect articles, many of the team sites do top 25 under 25 article series.

Dobberprospects is decent, but the material is often from pundits more than scouts (a former GM turned amateur scout here wrote for them as well)

Any of the scounting services offer some good reads every now and then, but obviously their focus is on pre-draft.
Beat writers can be a good source sometimes, etc.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Thehockeywriters is good
Chris | Wild GM
ssully44
Former Ottawa GM

Post by ssully44 »

Thanks I'll check some of these out. Dobber prospects is where I mostly went but always good to have other opinions too