Best chirps you've ever read/heard

Talk about what's going on in the hockey world
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Best chirps you've ever read/heard

Post by RichBasterd »

There was a post on theChive about some NHL chirps and I know many of you guys also have played before so curious if there are any that you remember or are better than these (the Burish one had me laughing):
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Re: Best chirps you've ever read/heard

Post by Chris-Wild »

lol Trottier

One guy said something about my mother once...i gave him a 2 hander over the head with my goalie stick...never said anything about her ever again lol
Chris | Wild GM
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

The Iginla and Gallahger ones are great.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
adam - sabres
Buffalo Sabres

Post by adam - sabres »

Buddy of mine was getting chirped for wearing a full cage in beer league. Snapped pretty quick back at the guy "Yeah, if I had a face like yours, I wouldn't bother to protect it either!"
Juliet-Bruins
Boston Bruins

Post by Juliet-Bruins »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQSOrvDtyQ

For my personal hockey career, I played goalie so I wouldn't hear much trash talk unless it was around my net, or I did it myself. My goal for trash talking was to say the dumbest shit possible because I wasn't good at making up insults on the spot, and found this approach hilarious. My favorite:
"Hey bud I'm gonna fuck your mom after the game"
Me: "Yeah well I'm going to fuck you after the game"
This team is cursed :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

Jordan-Bruins wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQSOrvDtyQ

For my personal hockey career, I played goalie so I wouldn't hear much trash talk unless it was around my net, or I did it myself. My goal for trash talking was to say the dumbest shit possible because I wasn't good at making up insults on the spot, and found this approach hilarious. My favorite:
"Hey bud I'm gonna fuck your mom after the game"
Me: "Yeah well I'm going to fuck you after the game"
I had found a similar video but didnt post it. There's some hilarious stuff with Trottier too and him chirping Bellows pretty hard. Its like around the 2:45 min mark of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5LSLLv8_kQ

On your approach, I would've been a bit concerned if some of those guys would've liked that too...then whatya do Jordan. I guess bend over like your Bruins did in the playoffs L-) =)) :ymsmug:
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

adam - sabres wrote:Buddy of mine was getting chirped for wearing a full cage in beer league. Snapped pretty quick back at the guy "Yeah, if I had a face like yours, I wouldn't bother to protect it either!"

That is pure gold...GOLD
Chris | Wild GM
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

Go dye your hair is an all time top chirp. lol
adam - sabres
Buffalo Sabres

Post by adam - sabres »

If anyone here is a fan of the show Letterkenny, Riley and Jonesy are classic. If anyone here hasn't seen Letterkenny, go watch Letterkenny.
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

Got as far as the junior national team and for fun played with the US national team sometimes in water polo. Heard a lot of great stuff over the yrs, but forgot most of it sadly. Two I remember laughing at....

Usually when I played I was responsible for guarding set (like center in basketball), which is pretty much pure violence in the water. A lot of physicality occurs and one often wraps one's arm around the others body or neck when defending. Had to bust out laughing once when a guy just gave me wink and said "You like choking dudes? Cause I've got some furry handcuffs in the car if you wanna..."

Everyone I played with has a favorite moment though.... Only time I've ever been thrown out of a game, pool deck, and tournament.... Was going with a big dude for 3 quarters who was constantly just doing annoying and dumb shit. Told him multiple times to stop before 4 possessions in a row kicking off his face to go to offense/defense. He tried to swing back everytime and missed before the 5th possession grabbing me by the face and just starting to wail. Found out later I broke the guys cheek bone, orbital bone, and nose. Knew the ref didn't see anything I did and by the time we were being thrown out i was feet up, head under water, looking like I was giving the dude a bj. Will never forgot coming back above water hearing all the parents screaming, seeing a pool of blood from his face, and the referee yelling at us both to get out. I refused to get out and just kept yelling "Wtf did I do, give the guy a bj?!!!" have friends parents who still bust out laughing to that comment. Knew he didn't see anything I did so to this day whether blood and a broken face on the other guy he never saw it so shouldn't have been allowed to call it.
VanHuggy
Former Winnipeg GM

Post by VanHuggy »

Go wipe your puss
Season 17 Champs
Only team to ever beat the legendary San Jose Sharks in a Stanley Cup Final series