Season 26 UFA

All GM administrative activities including position changes, ticket prices, waiver claims, etc. Also includes all off-season activities such as challenges, re-signings and UFA.

Moderators: Juliet-Bruins, Dallas Chris

rodspike
Former Edmonton GM

Re: Season 26 UFA

Post by rodspike »

If Kris did not bid, then he should go into the next wave :)

Nobody posting the buyout deal in time, guy buying out the others has no wave 2 bid?

Klear it up Kristopher.......................
Baba Booey
President of Hockey Operations

Dallas Chris
Dallas Stars

Post by Dallas Chris »

Results for wave 4 round 1 are up. Round 2 is now open close Sept 6th at 4pm. Please pm me all bids
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

I don't know if my money is tied up, I have extra money, or not so couldn't bid this round....

Means now getting screwed this round too. Getting frustrating not hearing from Kris or an executive decision from John. As Rod just posted Neal should have been moved into this current wave that just happened (Zero malice towards you Chris and understand keeping things running).

Can Kris and John as the commish please respond to this and at least say if the buy-outs stand or if I should just be ok with what several GMs have told me that I am getting fucked over and growingly so with every hour this is not resolved?

I can move forward with whatever, but need an answer of some kind.
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

anthgrt-la wrote:I don't know if my money is tied up, I have extra money, or not so couldn't bid this round....

Means now getting screwed this round too. Getting frustrating not hearing from Kris. As Rod just posted Neal should have been moved into this current wave that just happened (Zero malice towards you Chris and understand keeping things running).

Lets talk this through...

So we have a deal for no bids being offered and agreed upon by 3 parties.

The party who made the offer (CLB) did not post said agreement before the 4pm deadline.

In lieu of CLB not formalizing the offer on the trade announcements, the no bid deal should be null and void.

If no one bid in round 2, then Neal should sign with whoever offered top amount in round 1.

LA is the team who gets screwed getting neither the $1.75m from CLB, nor Neal.

Since MTL got the benefit of Neal, MTL could compensate LA (1.75m, half, 1/3rd?) since by LA holding their end of a bad deal, let MTL sign Neal.

Entirely up to MTL, they would be under no obligation to but it's what I would do.

Chris | Wild GM
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

Appreciate you actually stepping in as a neutral party and more importantly in a neutral and fair form Chris. Honestly nicer than dumb meme's, comments, ignorance, etc.

No clue how MTL feels about that idea and still think it'd be good to hear from Kris as if he did bid as he did say then the original deal should be held? Honestly not sure
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

anthgrt-la wrote:I don't know if my money is tied up, I have extra money, or not so couldn't bid this round....

Means now getting screwed this round too. Getting frustrating not hearing from Kris or an executive decision from John. As Rod just posted Neal should have been moved into this current wave that just happened (Zero malice towards you Chris and understand keeping things running).

Can Kris and John as the commish please respond to this and at least say if the buy-outs stand or if I should just be ok with what several GMs have told me that I am getting fucked over and growingly so with every hour this is not resolved?

I can move forward with whatever, but need an answer of some kind.

Assume that you don't have the buyout money right now. I'm willing to let Kris clear it up and give some leeway with the late trade post but as of now, the UFA results are as posted.

If what he posted to you in the PM about sending in a bid is accurate, then eventually the deal will go through.

As of now, I have to go by what officially transpired.

There really shouldn't be any wiggle room going forward on this. If teams are going to participate in a buy-out, everything must be done properly, including posting and agreeing on time.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

Having said that, it's also not fair to leave Montreal hanging around so I'll give Kris until the end of tonight
DHL Commissioner
Kris
Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Kris »

Everyone needs to relax a bit. Some of us have other things on the go. When I heard back from MTL and LA I submitted a bid of $9,000,001 for Neal which Chris says didn't make it to him so whatever is being done about it that's the situation.
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

Kris wrote:Everyone needs to relax a bit. Some of us have other things on the go. When I heard back from MTL and LA I submitted a bid of $9,000,001 for Neal which Chris says didn't make it to him so whatever is being done about it that's the situation.

Adrian-------------------Kris-------------------------Everyone else
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

Kris' bid has been updated on the main page and the buyout will be processed.

My main issue with this is that the deal was posted after the deadline. In the future, all buyout deals and confirms MUST be posted on the boards before the deadline or else it won't count. There will be no exceptions.
DHL Commissioner
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Can I ask how the hell Carey Price is in wave 4? lol
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
Dallas Chris
Dallas Stars

Post by Dallas Chris »

Alex wrote:Can I ask how the hell Carey Price is in wave 4? lol

That's where I felt like putting him.
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

Easily he has was horrible last year and waves tend to go by OV. Partly the same reason you'll find Schneider two rounds from now and Crawford in the next
Dallas Chris
Dallas Stars

Post by Dallas Chris »

Results for wave 4 round 2 are up. Wave 5 round 1 is open and will close Sept 7th at 4pm
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

anthgrt-la wrote:

Easily he has was horrible last year and waves tend to go by OV. Partly the same reason you'll find Schneider two rounds from now and Crawford in the next

It's was more rhetorical. I thought it was funny to have one of the best goalies in the league in the 4th wave. I do understand why, though.
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs