Season 28 Ratings

Moderator: Nick - Philly

John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Season 28 Ratings

Post by John - Sharks »

This spreadsheet contains both skater and goalie ratings. Thanks goes out to Nick for helping with these. Let me know if you spot anything off.

Notes:

- OV may not be accurate so don't base your salary management 100% on these numbers.
- Not all of these players will be auto-created (25 games for skaters, 15 games for goalies)
- SP/SK/DF haven't been changed yet but they will be adjusted this week.
Attachments
Season 28 Ratings.xlsx
(145.2 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
gianicle
Former Islanders GM

Re: Season 28 Ratings

Post by gianicle »

Question, I know they arent final but just tryna get a grasp of how this whole OV progression works. Duchene is coming off a crazy year with career highs but isnt even going up 1 OV? That doesnt really make sense to me.
gianicle
Former Islanders GM

Post by gianicle »

To add to that, Quick is dropping 9 OV for ONE bad season? That just seems crazzzzy
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

gianicle wrote:To add to that, Quick is dropping 9 OV for ONE bad season? That just seems crazzzzy

He was the worst statistical goalie in the league last yr. Good chance he rebounds, but his numbers were not pretty last year not that they were for any King not named Iaffolo
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

anthgrt-la wrote:
gianicle wrote:To add to that, Quick is dropping 9 OV for ONE bad season? That just seems crazzzzy

He was the worst statistical goalie in the league last yr. Good chance he rebounds, but his numbers were not pretty last year not that they were for any King not named Iaffolo
Somehow that didnt affect Kopitar's DF....he gets the same DF rating as Bergeron who was a finalist for the Selke :-\ Sure Kopitar's a good defensive forward but shouldnt be 76DF after the season he had...maybe something around 72-73 would be fair.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
anthgrt-la
Los Angeles Kings

Post by anthgrt-la »

RichBasterd wrote:
anthgrt-la wrote:

Somehow that didnt affect Kopitar's DF....he gets the same DF rating as Bergeron who was a finalist for the Selke :-\ Sure Kopitar's a good defensive forward but shouldnt be 76DF after the season he had...maybe something around 72-73 would be fair.

Defense wasn't Kopitar's issue, albeit not as strong as usual still it would be insulting to drop him down to 72. Generally DF shouldn't be seeing 5+ pts fluctuation from one split season to another yet alone one full season to another. If so a lot worse and more egregious cases regularly than Kopitar.
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

RichBasterd wrote:
anthgrt-la wrote:

Quick note: SP/SK/DF haven't been changed yet but they will be adjusted this week.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Fan fuckin tastic, so shall we start a new thread to petition adjusting down the DF on other teams players or just sticky this thread?
Chris | Wild GM
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

gianicle wrote:Question, I know they arent final but just tryna get a grasp of how this whole OV progression works. Duchene is coming off a crazy year with career highs but isnt even going up 1 OV? That doesnt really make sense to me.

Last season was based 50% on numbers from the first half of last season. In the first half he was on fire and tailed off after the trade to cbj. He is comparable to players he finished around in the scoring race.
Kris
Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Kris »

I know John said that the OV may be off but is anyone else noticing that a number of players seem to have quite high ratings with stats that don't seem to support the rating?
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

Kris wrote:I know John said that the OV may be off but is anyone else noticing that a number of players seem to have quite high ratings with stats that don't seem to support the rating?

Could be an issue. Any examples?
Kris
Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Kris »

Seems to be the goalies. Price, Dubnyk, Holtby all seem to be really high with average stat lines.
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

Kris wrote:Seems to be the goalies. Price, Dubnyk, Holtby all seem to be really high with average stat lines.

Games played is a huge factor in goalie ratings. Those three were league leaders in games played.
RichBasterd
Florida Panthers

Post by RichBasterd »

Nick - Philly wrote:
Kris wrote:Seems to be the goalies. Price, Dubnyk, Holtby all seem to be really high with average stat lines.

Games played is a huge factor in goalie ratings. Those three were league leaders in games played.
I'm sure its been tweaked slightly but this first part is still accurate with what goes into the ratings, correct?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
– Yoda
Kris
Chicago Blackhawks

Post by Kris »

I'm looking at a guy like Matt Murray's stats and trying to figure out how he is a 76 with similar ratings and in some cases better than guys with the big ratings.

What attributes will GP be affecting? I was expecting something around 77-78 for that tier of stats.

I get that it's just OV but it's still how many make trades. For reference, the last Vezina winner in Vasilevskiy has a lower OV than Price and Dubnyk.