D/F Players

Moderator: Nick - Philly

John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

D/F Players

Post by John - Sharks »

I had a GM ask me about this and I now recollect what I concluded a long while back on players that can play both D and F. A GM needs to decide before re-rates what position they want the player rated for (D or F) and they can only play that position for the whole season. We do this because SC, PA, DF, etc. are rated differently depending on the position.
I let MA Gragnani slip through the cracks earlier on but this will be the ruling going forward.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Re: D/F Players

Post by Chris-Wild »

John - Sharks wrote:I had a GM ask me about this and I now recollect what I concluded a long while back on players that can play both D and F. A GM needs to decide before re-rates what position they want the player rated for (D or F) and they can only play that position for the whole season. We do this because SC, PA, DF, etc. are rated differently depending on the position.
I let MA Gragnani slip through the cracks earlier on but this will be the ruling going forward.

Concur, and to make it even more fool proof, it is up to the GM to let me know if they want to have them rated different that what is listed on NHL.com, the source for stats and positions when i do rerates.

For instance, Brent Burns is listed as a D...if the team who owns him wants him rated as a F, then they need to let me know, otherwise he will be rated as a D.
Chris | Wild GM
bluesgm
St. Louis Blues

Post by bluesgm »

what do we do about the fact that Burns has all his goals and all but 1 of his assists playing forward this season....do you split the stats up...he has played Wing in all but 5 or 6 games this season...

DHL Cup Champions Seasons 21,23,24,30
GM of the Year Seasons 19,21,24,30
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

bluesgm wrote:what do we do about the fact that Burns has all his goals and all but 1 of his assists playing forward this season....do you split the stats up...he has played Wing in all but 5 or 6 games this season...

Is there a site that tracks that?

I would prefer to rate players based on the position they played but unless i can track how many games a player played at each position it's moot.
Chris | Wild GM
bluesgm
St. Louis Blues

Post by bluesgm »

not sure..but I will look...though in Burns case you can probably just google the game that he was switched to forward....I dont think he played D after that....

DHL Cup Champions Seasons 21,23,24,30
GM of the Year Seasons 19,21,24,30
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild

Post by Chris-Wild »

bluesgm wrote:not sure..but I will look...though in Burns case you can probably just google the game that he was switched to forward....I dont think he played D after that....

Yeah, let me know if you find a source, maybe's and i think isn't good enough, i like to keep ratings as subjective as possible.
Chris | Wild GM
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

I don't understand. I asked for MAG to be changed before ratings were changed. When should these changes be requested?

I think Burns should be rated as a D if you want him to play D. If you moved a D to forward no one would be complaining about his SC and PC going down.

I think that would have to go both ways.
John - Sharks
San Jose Sharks

Post by John - Sharks »

Nick - Philly wrote:I don't understand. I asked for MAG to be changed before ratings were changed. When should these changes be requested?

I think Burns should be rated as a D if you want him to play D. If you moved a D to forward no one would be complaining about his SC and PC going down.

I think that would have to go both ways.

Going forward, they can't be made during the season. You have to request changes during the off-season and his ratings will adjust accordingly. I'm guessing Burns would have a SC in the 80's next season if he's rated as a defenceman. What we don't want is for him to be able to be a top line forward based on his dmen ratings formula.
DHL Commissioner
DHL Season 4, 5, 9, 12, 16 Champions
Boltsgm
Former Tampa Bay GM

Post by Boltsgm »

I asked John about Burns, and he told me he would provide me two sets of ratings, and would let me decide where I want him to go...

As for ratings Chris.. according to this he moved to Forward March 12
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 5--nhl.htm

Heres the the splits
http://www.hockey-reference.com/players ... elog/2013/

Defenseman Games: 6gp 0g 0a 0 pts -5 4 PIM 10 shots
Forwards Games: 24gp 9g 11a 20 pts +5 16 PIM 71 Shots

Ramage GM History
Playoff Record: 9-16

Nash-Hodgson-Burns
Purcell-Lecavalier-Bailey
Roussel-Dubinsky-Fehr
Klinkhammer-Pyatt- Smith-Pelly