F1 2021 & Beyond

Talk about anything that's non-DHL related
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Re: F1 2021

Post by Alex »

Chris-Wild wrote:Nice to see red bull win a strategic play against Mercedes for a change...I thought Mercedes and Hamilton had one more dominating season before Red Bull took the reins but it looks like its go time for Red Bull now...
I'm sooo not ready to accept that yet. I was shitty myself those last 8 laps. Again, not rooting against Hamilton/Merc but man it's so nice to watch races when you genuinely don't know the winner before FP1
DHL Season 14 Champions - Edmonton Oilers
DHL Season 26 Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs
Habs GM
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Habs GM »

Perez has earned his chops quickly with Reb Bull but the best thing from the race yesterday was listening to Bottas tear the Mercedes team a new one as their race strategy failed.
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Habs GM wrote:Perez has earned his chops quickly with Reb Bull but the best thing from the race yesterday was listening to Bottas tear the Mercedes team a new one as their race strategy failed.
Yeah Perez was the perfect add to Red Bull...Merc and Bottas need to part ways.
Chris | Wild GM
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Chris-Wild wrote:
Habs GM wrote:Perez has earned his chops quickly with Reb Bull but the best thing from the race yesterday was listening to Bottas tear the Mercedes team a new one as their race strategy failed.
Yeah Perez was the perfect add to Red Bull...Merc and Bottas need to part ways.
The writings on the wall there, However, I was very happy to see that Bottas' was right about something being wrong with the chassis, even if it was placebo effect.

It'll be interesting to see how things go. Driver silly season is bound to be really silly.
Habs GM
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Habs GM »

So who is replacing Bottas at Mercedes? Gasly? Mick Schumacher? Russell?
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild
Location: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break them for no one."

Post by Chris-Wild »

Habs GM wrote:So who is replacing Bottas at Mercedes? Gasly? Mick Schumacher? Russell?
Feels like Russell is a forgone conclusion but i don't follow contracts, is he able to jump ship?
Chris | Wild GM
Habs GM
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Habs GM »

Rumblings that Verstappen may actually take the Merc seat as well. His exit clause is performance driven but also has the provision that he can walk if Honda pulls outs of F1.

Fun times.
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Habs GM wrote:Rumblings that Verstappen may actually take the Merc seat as well. His exit clause is performance driven but also has the provision that he can walk if Honda pulls outs of F1.

Fun times.
Honda is pulling out, Redbull has committed to buying Honda’s F1 engine department and continuing that direction. I can’t see Verstappen enacting his exit clause based on current RB performance, not to mentions it’s absolutely unknown which of Merc, RB, Ferrari, McLaren come out as the main contender with the new sporting Regis next season. With the cost cap in place, Merc no longer can thrown half a billion to secure the titles.

Also, there’s really no chance Merc/Verstappen happen now that Hamilton signed a two year deal. I think Russell is 95% got the seat with the other 5% going to Merc sniping Norris from McLaren and paying a contract fee.

*just realized how long ago you posted*
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild

Post by Chris-Wild »

Wow
Chris | Wild GM
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

Chris-Wild wrote:Wow
I pretty sure I screamed into a couch pillow at the end of that race. Rain has played a major role in this season. It’s crazy, as a Macca and Norris fan I was sooooooo happy and then so incredibly sad. Very tough mistake for Norris and the team to learn, but they must have a new outlook on recommendations from this point.

Crazy that Hamilton won and lost places for listening to the team in back to back races.
Nick - Philly
Philadelphia Flyers

Post by Nick - Philly »

Holy shit that was insane
Habs GM
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Habs GM »

Great finish to a season full of hatred. Fantastic and can't wait for the Netflix series for this season.
Chris-Wild
Minnesota Wild

Post by Chris-Wild »

Unbelievable. That’s why i love sports, you never know.
Chris | Wild GM
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Post by Alex »

You gents watching the reveals?
Alex
Toronto Maple Leafs

Re: F1 2021 & Beyond

Post by Alex »

Anyone following the 22 season? It's been a roller coaster so far.